5/30/2007

Too many parties...

A combination of not being able to sleep and staying out late with friends has lead to me being a bit of a basket case at the moment!!! It is partly my own fault for pushing myself while I am having fun and not giving into the tired signs (not unlike my son actually!) but I guess I am going through a phase of overwhelming sadness at having to say goodbye to my friends here in Kagoshima, so I find myself not wanting the party to finish! On Monday night I went to my friend Hazuki`s house for dinner and Joey had a great time playing with her kids. He had a long playtime in the bath with her oldest daughter and we had to physically drag the two of them out of the bath because they were having so fun. Hazuki has four children aged between 2-5 and while things get a bit crazy at times, it is great to see all of them playing and having fun together. Joey seems to be the kind of kid who would love to have an older brother or sister so it is kind of shame he is the oldest (well, only for now but that is another discussion) After their bath, all the kids crashed out so we stayed talking until after midnight when I finally figured I should go home before Daisuke reported me missing!! ;-) I have been concentrating more on seeing everyone as much as possible than I have been on packing/ clearing things out. Not such a good plan because I know it will result in me being in a HUGE panic over the weekend but at the same time, I can`t help but think that at the end of the day, memories of precious times spent with people are more important than stuff and as long as I have the essentials then we will be OK, especially as D will still be here. Anyway, enough bumbling and rambling. Today I have a busy day ahead as I have to pick up my tickets (figured it was about time I did that!) and then this afternoon Joey has his final DPT booster shot and I have class this evening as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been doing the same thing. Rather than preparing for our move, I have been preparing emotionally. Spending a ton of time with friends and going on adventures! Packing will always get done!