6/02/2007

My new toy...

As the exchange rate for pounds is really high at the moment, I decided that I wanted to get an Ipod here in Japan before I left. My parents had said they would give me some money for a Mother`s Day present from them and Joey (when I mentioned that D had done bugger all to celebrate the day for me because "I am not his mother") and although it obviously wasn`t enough to buy the Ipod, I figured that I could double it and then I could just about afford one. I am not sure why I suddenly got a bee in my bonnet about Ipods as I have never been interested before but they seem alot easier to use than I thought they would be. My friend`s husband is going to load up a stack of songs for me over the weekend so I should be good to go for my various travels next week. This morning I had a bit of a play around with it but then I had to put it away in the box because it is just one more thing to distract me from the packing I should be doing. However, it is the first time in a long time that I have bought anything for myself that was entirely selfish and indulgent so it did brighten up my day!!! I have one box packed and alot of stuff de-cluttered/in piles ready to pass onto other people but I still have a LONG way to go. There is no way everything is going to fit so I guess I will be packing boxes for D to send on later as well! (although originally I was planning on trying to avoid this at first) I have to go to Sakurajima today to drop off a box of stuff and then I have class this evening. Tomorrow is going to be a busy packing day!!! (I am hoping that D will take Joey and get him out from under my feet but this may end up being wishful thinking!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo congrats on the iPod!!! I adore mine!

Good luck with all the packing!

Hugs!

Hey we still ahve that design almost done (ugh so sorry about that!) We should once we are both settled in our new places knock around and finalize details. Maybe the Babe in London is Back? The boots are so so so a new beginning feel!

*Tanyetta* said...

iPods are so much fun.

i have the one that looks like a mini suitcase. LOL

i will upgrade one day :)

wishing you luck on packing. :)