4/06/2007

Allergy testing the Midori way...

Step one: buy jar of nutella because you see it in the shop and although you know it is too expensive it looks yummy and you figure that have chocolate spread on toast for breakfast is probably better for you than just having chocolate for breakfast. (not that I do this, honest...)
Step two: Open precious jar of nutella and enjoy on toast with your husband before your son wakes up.
Step three: Forget to put jar of nutella away after breakfast and leave Joey in room with said jar while you check your e-mail etc...
Step four: Forget that your son is perfectly to open jars by himself
Step five: Check on son because you think "it is awfully quiet in there..."
Step six: Discover that your son has eaten half the jar of nutella a

nd that it is smeared all over the table

Result:

Conclusion: I don`t think Joey is allergic to hazelnuts!!

In all seriousness though, I have been keeping him away from nuts just in case so i was a bit worried. However, he seems fine and there are no funny rashes so far. Any idea what I should be keeping an eye out for? The good news is that we are going over to a friends` house this morning so Joey can work through the impending sugar rush with her son!!!

We are going to stay with MIL this weekend. Happy Easter everybody!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

A freind of ours who loves to scrapbook and make cards and stuff left her daughter alone for a little too long one morning and found out (the hard way) she is not alergic to ink pads. Good stuff.

Now I have to go find that picture and post it in my gallery.

Anonymous said...

awww....glad it all worked out and how cute is he!?!?!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Gina said...

I love the title to your post! Cracked me up, right away! Both my boy's love Nutella here at our house too. Oh man it's good stuff isn't it? I like it myself as well, yummers! I love the picture of Joey caught in the act! Have a wonderful Easter weekend Midori!!! : )

Anonymous said...

He has the cutest smile!!

Can you tell me where you buy foreign food in the city? Yum, I'd love some nutella and if they had marmite I'd be ecstatic!!!

Tigermama said...

We love nutella too! You can get large jars of nutella at costco as well. Yum.

Granny said...

Usually with a severe allergy you know it immediately.

It's rather like being allergic to bee stings. Swelling, difficulty breathing, etc.

I haven't seen Nutella here. I finally googled it just now to see what everyone was talking about. Now I'll make more of an effort to find it. It sounds yummy.

Blogger spell check does not recognize the word "googled".