4/09/2007

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Lately the future has been on my mind alot. There are some elements of my current life that I am happy with and others that leave me deeply dissatisfied. My job is one of those areas that I am not overly happy with. When I first started teaching, it was all new to me so the whole thing was quite challenging as I didn`t have much experience and had to learn how to teach. I enjoyed it for that reason and slowly found my groove. Now my groove is beginning to lose me and I find myself praying for the end of class more and more regularly and that is not such a good thing. Lately I have been thinking about all the things I dreamed about and wanted to do career-wise and I figure it isn`t too late to embark on my next challenge, I will just have the added wisdom and responsibility of being a mother and wife. When I was younger I wanted to be Prime Minister and I genuinely believed that I possessed the intelligence and skills that would be necesssary for that kind of career. I am not so set on a politician`s life these days but I often wonder what happened to the girl who thought she could do anything that she wanted, all she had to do was try. I am not so confident these days but occasionally I see little flashes of the childhood me. So that leads me to my question today, when you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Have you realised that dream?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to be a few things ... an artist, writer & I wanted to help people. It was not until I became a mother that I realized those dreams.

I hope in the near future you too can make your dreams a reality!

Perogyo said...

I wanted to be Prime Minister too... if we both realize those dreams we can hang out and get our nails done after the G8 conferences.

I have ever confidence that you can do anything you want! And any employer would be lucky to have you. It might take some time to figure out what you want to do, but you will be able to do it I swear!

Gina said...

I agree with Medea as always, lol. I think you can be whatever *you* want! I know it! : )

As for what did I want to be when I was little?
#1 I wanted to be an ice skater, just like Dorothy Hammil
#2 I wanted to be the best tree climber in the universe!!! I had a very fine climbing tree in my front yard, and I was always hanging in it or climbing it, as a child!It had the perfect spot on it where the tree forked up high and I could sit quietly and watch everyone from up above! Ha ha ha! Seriously, I climbed trees better then the boys in my neighborhood! : )
#3 I wanted to be a teacher