5/02/2007

Busy weekend..

This week is known as "Golden Week" in Japan because there are 4 national holidays in the space of a week so alot of people use the oppoprtunity to travel etc.. Flight tickets are impossibly expensive and all tourist areas are packed during this time. We usually spend GW in Kanoya and this year it is going to be the same because I figure Joey needs to spend as much time with Daisuke`s family as possible. Monday was my FIL`s 60th birthday so we threw him a party at our place. FIL and MIL stayed the night and then as I had alot of classes yesterday and plans for today, MIL offered to take Joey back with them for the night. As Mr Joey Joey is now weaned, I didn`t hesitate as I thought it would give Daisuke and I some much needed time alone. I was sad saying goodbye to Joey yesterday morning but I just spoke to him and he seems to be doing fine. Daisuke and I will head to Kanoya tonight and stay until Friday. I am glad Joey`s first sleepover seems to have been a success but I have to admit to feeling like my left arm is missing! I guess that for the past two years, Joey has been here constantly and although he has been to Kanoya with Daisuke before, it is a different dynamic to have him there entirely on his own with my PILs!!! That said, I am making the most of it and D and I went out for dinner and a few drinks last night. It wasn`t as romantic as I had hoped but it was nice to get out and chill out. We were very sad to see that Capriciosa has closed down! I was really surprised as I hadn`t heard that they were closing and we got engaged there so it makes me sad that we won`t be able to show the place to Joey when he gets bigger! Am also distressed as my source of Sicilian rice balls has been taken away!!! This post is very disjointed isn`t it. My thoughts are all over the place at the moment because I have so many things to think about/ work out before we leave next month. Am off to the cinema today though, which should be fun! I finally get to take advantage of wednesday being ladies` day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! What a wonderful adventure you are about to embark on!

I am glad Joey did so well on his sleep over!

Sarah@mommyinjapan said...

Romance after you have kids is so different than before you had kids. I'm not really sure why but as I was reading this post I kept nodding because I have totally been there.

My oldest had a sleepover at her preschool last year and that was the first time she's stayed over anywhere without me and she was already Five!! I hate to admit it but I had a hard time sleeping knowing she wasn't under the same roof as us!

Granny said...

Just dropping a short note to thank you for your loving comment today (or yesterday?).

We're hanging in and experiencing a mix of sadness at our loss and relief at the end of Carol's pain.

Love,

Ann